Quarter Final – Coppa Italia
Time: Thursday, January 30, 2020
Kick-off: 02:45 UTC + 7
Stadium: Giuseppe Meazza
Head to Head
- Statistics in 49 matches: Inter won 25 times, drew 12 times and Fiorentina won 12 times.
- At home Inter have a record of 19-1-4 (Win-Draw- Lose) against Fiorentina.
- Their last match ended in a 1-1 draw at home to Fiorentina.
- Inter are currently on a five-match unbeaten streak.
- Inter are the first team to score in the last four battles v Fiorentina.
- Both teams have scored in eight of their last nine meetings.
- Seven of their last nine meetings ended with more than two goal.
Team Analysis and Match Predictions
In his last league match, Inter failed to bring victory against Cagliari. Former Inter player Radja Nainggolan evened the score and finally each brought one point.
The result was the third match in a row which led to a draw and Inter are currently still ranked second in the standings which have a difference of three points to the top holders, Juventus.
At the Meazza, Inter are very, very difficult to beat and Juventus are the only team that managed to do it this season. Noted Inter managed to get seven wins and four draws in domestic competition when playing at home.
On the other hand, Fiorentina was saved by goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski who managed to make a brilliant save from a Genoa penalty. A 0-0 draw was received by both teams.
The La Viola uprising continues under new coach Giuseppe Iachini, they have collected eight points from the last four matches in the league. The difference is very visible when compared to the period a few months ago when they only collected five losses in six matches in the league.
Fiorentina when playing away recorded only three wins, three draws and four defeats, with a negative goal difference. These notes may be used by Inter who play at home.
For players, Asamoah cannot be guaranteed to defend Inter, while Fiorentina will lose Franck Ribéry, Kevin-Prince Boateng and captain Germán Pezzella who was sent off in the previous Coppa Italia match against Atalanta.
Predicted, Inter will have difficulty stabbing the Fiorentina defense under Iachini’s care. Conte and his troops must fight fully in order to qualify for the semifinals.